Sunday, 22 January 2017

Layout #3 ~ I can ride ~ Kraft + January challenge

Hi crafters,

I'm back with this months Kraft + challenge layout.  

The challenge this month was to use a bike in your layout somewhere, a photo, an embellishment, background paper - anything really.

You can check out the challenge for yourself here

This was perfect timing for me, as I had just taken some photos of Sam riding his 'big boy' bike with no training wheels, all by himself for the first time!

Here is my interpretation of the challenge


I used mostly embellishments from kits I had put together last year. I made up around 50, but still had a few I didn't use.  So I wanted to get them used up (or at least partially used).  Then I pulled the wood veneer bicycle from the Cocoa Vanilla Studio - Hello Summer collection.


The journal card is from an old Blinks of Life kit, which I added the 'current status' sticker to.  Then added my journalling and a couple of other little embellishments up the top.



Finally before I stuck all my layers down I added some white gesso with a palette knife to the background.  Then a few splatters of black and teal colour shine and called the layout done!



If you would like to see my accompanying video you can view it here:



Thanks for stopping by and checking out my latest work.
Morgyn xx




5 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful.. love the texture on the back ground and all the layers and great photo too.. thanks for joining in with Kraft + this month!! Hope to see you next month too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great Boy's page - I especially like the journalling about the back story. Thanks for joining us at Kraft+

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at Kraft +.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great page, that white background really makes everything pop! Thanks for playing along this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant layout. I love the background & your layering of papers & tags. Your handwriting is beautiful too. Thanks for joining us over @ K+ last month :)

    ReplyDelete