Saturday, 12 August 2017

Kitaholic Kits August Challenge ~ So Happy!

Hi Scrappers,

Sharing my latest project using this months Kitaholic Kits, I get the Main scrapbook kit and the embellishment kit.  You can check them out here.

This months sketch,  I chose to flip the sketch on it's side for my layout.

I mounted my photos on white cardstock, then added a couple of pattern papers behind my photos as a base for my main focal point.


I loved the bird piece from the ephemera pack and wanted to add a bit more blue/green to the page, this piece was perfect.  Along with 2 little hearts and a gold glitter banner clip formed my 1st embellishment cluster.


Next I worked on my embellishment cluster to the right, I used a tag and label from the ephemera pack, with a wooden arrow and a couple of stickers.  I also added my journaling to the label.


My third and final embellishment cluster at the top of the photo included some small wood veneer and acrylic pieces from Corbet creations.


Here is a snapshot of the whole layout, I love how simple this layout was to put together - even better with a well coordinated kit!!


Please hop over to my Youtube channel and check out my process video for this layout.
You can check it out here.


Thanks for stopping by,

Morgyn  xx

Thursday, 10 August 2017

D-Lish scraps August Challenge ~ Look what I made

Hi everyone,

I’m back with a 12x12 layout using this month’s D-lish Scraps - Just add paper kit ‘Off the wall’.  I am also including my layout in their challenge for the month.

Here is a look at the sketch and mood board I am using for the layout.  The colours and paint splatters suited this photo of Sam so perfectly I had to scrap them for this challenge.




First off I layered my photos with black cardstock to form a border around them, then I mounted them on 2 pieces of scrap paper from my stash. I use 2 gelatos (yellow and blue) to colour one of the cogs from the kit and added a little orange to the centre. I finished off my embellishment cluster with a piece of blue fabric and the brick style cut out (both from the kit too).

Next I added paint splatters (I used the stencil from the kit, with some grey paint and texture paste) to the top and bottom corners where my photo and title were going to be placed.



While the paint was drying I worked on my bottom embellishment cluster - 
Orange coloured cog, with green button, some wood veneer chevrons then added my title.



Here is a final look at the whole completed layout. If you would like to check out my process video you can find it on my Youtube channel here.



Thanks for stopping by

Morgyn xxxx